How can IoT be leveraged to increase the overall shareholder value of a company?

Any guidance or links would be helpful.

Link to the original interview: How can IoT be leveraged to increase the overall shareholder value of a company? - YouTube

I think it’s a very interesting question. I think the biggest value for an existing company that wants to do something IOT-ish is that it can open up new markets, new SAM for them as a company.

This can get them into a different growth mindset, particularly some of the legacy industrial companies that have been likely at a slower growth pace than companies more at the front end of technology. IoT may allow them to bring themselves into a faster growth overall as a company and that’s what increases shareholder value. If you can break free of the 2-4% annual growth rate, suddenly you’re in the upper singles, low doubles maybe even up north of 20%.

It’s really about that shareholder value, and I think you can enable that through the technology now deployed using IOT and communication methods, sensors, etc.